How does Claritas come up with its demographic data?
Claritas Pop-Facts® demographic estimates are primarily based on U.S. Census and American Community Survey (ACS) data.
Claritas uses proprietary formulas and methodologies to calculate estimates for the current calendar year and five-year projections for every annual data release. The following is a complete list of resources used by the Pop-Facts® demographic estimation program:
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (ΒΕΑ)
- Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Powerlytics, Inc.
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Claritas Master Address File (MAF)
- TomTom® North America, Inc.
- U.S. Census Bureau - 2000 and 2010 Decennial Census
- U.S. Census Bureau - American Community Survey (ACS) 1-Year and 5-Year data
- U.S. Census Bureau - County Population Estimates
- U.S. Census Bureau - County Population Estimates by Age/Sex/Race and Ethnicity
- U.S. Census Bureau - County Population Estimates by Group Quarters
- U.S. Census Bureau - Current Population Survey (CPS)
- U.S. Postal Service
- Valassis™ Direct Mail, Inc.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- DirecTarget®enhanced consumer file