The Pop-Facts® demographic profile is a supplemental dataset that includes approximately 100, 250, or 500 data elements (depending on tier of purchase) that describe the demographic characteristics of your community at the state, county and zip code or census tract level. Claritas annual estimates provide richer population estimates than the Census QuickFacts. The Pop-Facts profile is updated annually in Q1.
All elements purchased will be available on your site’s demographic dashboard.
Which demographic elements are included?
Base counts such as population, number of households, families, and housing units are available at the state, county and zip code or census tract level. The estimates also include counts and percentages for race, ethnicity, sex, age, language spoken at home, marital status, household income, educational attainment, and much more! A full list of demographic elements is available upon request.
To compare QuickFacts vs. Claritas Pop-Facts check out the chart below:
|Census QuickFacts||Claritas Pop-Facts|
|Number of Data Elements||~60||100, 250 or 500 (depending on tier of purchase)|
|Source||Various U.S. Census Bureau data product||Based on Census and American Community Survey (ACS) data products|
|Data Updates||Updated annually||Updated annually|
1- to 5-year periods
Most recent time period: 1 to 2 year lag from current year
Most recent time period: Current year
|Granularity||State, County (Census Places, Zip Codes, and Census Tracts may be available)||State, County and Zip Code or Census Tract|
Explore HCI Platforms with Pop-Facts Demographics
Tier 1 – 100 demographic elements
- Healthy Calvert: https://www.healthycalvert.org/demographicdata
- Healthy Mendocino: https://www.healthymendocino.org/demographicdata
Tier 2 – 250 demographic elements
- San Mateo County All Together Better: https://www.smcalltogetherbetter.org/demographicdata
- Baton Rouge City Key: https://www.brcitykey.com/demographicdata
Tier 3 – 500 demographic elements
- Healthy Williamson County: https://www.healthywilliamsoncounty.org/demographicdata
- Health Matters in Ventura County: https://www.healthmattersinvc.org/demographicdata