Show only selected comparisons - By default this will be checked. When checked, and comparisons have been selected under the 'Filter by Comparison' section, only those comparisons will display in the search results. If the option is unchecked, then all available comparisons will display in the search results.
Include archived indicators - By default this will be checked. When checked, archived indicators will appear in search results/dashboards. If the option is unchecked, then archived indicators will not display in the results.
Group by topic/subtopic - By default the search results will be grouped by topic/subtopic. If 'no' is selected, topics/subtopics will be removed and indicators will display alphabetically by indicator title.
Ordering - There are five different options for ordering indicator search results.
- Alphabetically - Default option. If selected, indicators will display alphabetically either by topic/subtopic or by indicator title (see above).
- Recently Revised or Added - This will sort the indicators based on the date the indicators' values were last updated. The results will also list the updated date:
This is different than the indicator's most recent period.
- For example:
- 'Indicator A' was last updated in IMS in March 2023. Its most recent value is for the period 2020.
- 'Indicator B' was last updated in IMS in December 2022. Its most recent value is for the period 2021.
- 'Indicator A' would appear first when sorted as its value was updated more recently in IMS.
- Indicators updated or added within the last 30 days will be indicated with an "updated” icon.
- For example:
- Comparison - The 'Sort by Comparison' option is designed to help identify high need indicators.
- By using the 'Sort by Comparison' option and selecting a comparison of interest, your search results are ordered from worst to best based on how they compare to the selection. Indicators with the exact same measurement for the selected comparison will be sorted together alphabetically within the results.
- If your search results contain indicators that do not have your selected comparison, these indicators will appear alphabetically at the end of your search results. Indicators that are non-directional (high values are neither good nor bad) will be likewise sorted to the bottom of the results.
- Value (ascending/descending) - Selecting this option will order the results by unit (e.g. percent, count, etc.) and indicator value. This feature works best if you are viewing a single indicator across many geographies (e.g. counties, census places, zip codes).